Get to know your Schülersprecher: an Interview with Henry

Why are you running?

I’m running because I often see things that I think the school can and should improve at. I’m also very motivated to get things done and I think that I’m good at communicating with teachers and others. I also want to make things happen and be responsible for the students because I don’t like the idea of just complaining about problems or others and don’t do anything about it.

What are your visions for the school?

My visions are to listen to the students and their ideas because they know what the school needs and it would be my job to represent them and I think this was missing the last years. I also want to offer other events than the bashes because the bashes are mostly the same and getting very boring and as I said I want to get the ideas of the students and help them to make their ideas and visions happen.

What is your biggest concern at the school right now?

One of my concerns is that the school doesn’t offer any opportunities to interact with American students from other schools. This is especially unfortunate for new students because it takes them a very long time to get to know American students and the American culture which is in my opinion one of the most important parts of living in the United States. A lot of people don’t even know how the American students are and I would like to offer them an opportunity to get this experience. Of course, this would be optional in form of an AG or something like this.

What can you offer to the GISNY community that your opponents cannot?

I attended the White Plains High School last semester and some teachers and students told me that they would like to do more with the GIS and because I know the people who are responsible for this at the High School which would make it very easy to do a cooperation with them. I also got a lot of new ideas by attending another school because the American schools do a lot of things differently and I would like to add some of the things the High Schools do to our school and combine the best ideas of both school systems.

What do you think about the others?

The other contenders are also very nice and motivated. I also think that they take this very seriously and know the school pretty well and I’m looking forward to see them present their ideas and visons for our school.

Why should the students vote for you?

Because as I said I if the students want to do more with the High School I know the people who are responsible, I’m very motivated, I want to give the students an opportunity to get involved by bringing in their ideas, and I have a lot of new ideas I will present to you on Friday the 28th.